Hazel Wirth Archives and Research Center
The Archives & Research Center is open on Tuesdays from 9AM-3PM, 2nd & 4th Mondays from 5-8 PM.
We are located at:
Ozaukee County Historical Society
Hazel Wirth Archives & Research Center
N57 W6406 Center Street
Cedarburg, WI 53012
P.O. Box 206-Cedarburg, WI 53012
The Ozaukee County Historical Society is concerned for our patrons and volunteers, so we have decided to follow the local school directive and close the Cedarburg Hazel Wirth Archives and Research Center located at the Interurban Depot on Center Street for a period of several weeks. As many of the volunteers are in the high-risk category, we need to continue to evaluate the situation and hope to reopen as soon as it does not pose a risk to them or the general public. Thank you for your support in this decision and we hope to see you again soon.
· Ledgers of some Ozaukee Co. Businesses
· Telephone and Community directories 1900 to present
· Records & Tombstone Inscriptions from Ozaukee County Cemeteries.
· History & Anniversary Booklets
· News and Clippings
· Some Church records on microfilm
· Book genealogies for over 131 families
· History of Ozaukee & Washington Co.
· History of Ozaukee County Communities
· Manuscripts and Brochure of Ozaukee County Communities
· Miscellaneous programs, wedding announcements, business letterheads, postcards, etc.
· Plat maps for 1873, 1892, 1921, 1939, 1948. Belgium, Cedarburg, Fredonia, Grafton, Mequon, Port Washington, Saukville. Reprints available for purchase.
· Port Washington Herald 1889-1918
· Port Pilot 1944-1951
· Port Zeitung 1882-1895
· Port Washington Star 1882-1928
· Town of Cedarburg Minutes 1849-1923
· Some Cedarburg News 1883-1889, 1902-1905 and 1929-1931
· Pioneer Review – indexed.
· Clippings-divided by township: Belgium, Cedarburg, Fredonia, Grafton, Mequon, Port Washington and Saukville
· Cedarburg News; Squire; Port Pilot; Port Washington Herald; Port Washington Star; Port Washington Zeitung.
· Over 4,000; people, places, buildings-indexed.
· 1867-1900 limited records, some indexed.
· Notebooks on the history of one-room schools in Ozaukee County, with photographs. Some school ledgers and school census. Several yearbooks.
· Marriage Applications 1850-1980
· Many available for reproduction.
RESEARCH BY MAIL/FAX/E-MAIL
· Archivist conducted research as requested. Contact for details ($25 for the first hour and $10 there after).
MAY WE ASSIST?
Has your genealogy research been leading you to Ozaukee County?
Are you a student doing research on or about Ozaukee County?
Do you simply have an interest in researching our rich past heritage?
Are you a writer looking for a new perspective or topic?
WE WELCOME YOUR VISIT OR CALLS AND ARE READY TO ASSIST!