The Archives & Research Center is open on Tuesdays from 9AM-3PM, 2nd & 4th Mondays from 5-8 PM.
We are located at:
Ozaukee County Historical Society
Hazel Wirth Archives & Research Center
N57 W6406 Center Street
Cedarburg, WI 53012
P.O. Box 206-Cedarburg, WI 53012
· Ledgers of some Ozaukee Co. Businesses
· Telephone and Community directories 1900 to present
· Records & Tombstone Inscriptions from Ozaukee County Cemeteries.
· History & Anniversary Booklets
· News and Clippings
· Some Church records on microfilm
· Book genealogies for over 131 families
· History of Ozaukee & Washington Co.
· History of Ozaukee County Communities
· Manuscripts and Brochure of Ozaukee County Communities
· Miscellaneous programs, wedding announcements, business letterheads, postcards, etc.
· Plat maps for 1873, 1892, 1921, 1939, 1948. Belgium, Cedarburg, Fredonia, Grafton, Mequon, Port Washington, Saukville. Reprints available for purchase.
· Port Washington Herald 1889-1918
· Port Pilot 1944-1951
· Port Zeitung 1882-1895
· Port Washington Star 1882-1928
· Town of Cedarburg Minutes 1849-1923
· Some Cedarburg News 1883-1889, 1902-1905 and 1929-1931
· Pioneer Review – indexed.
· Clippings-divided by township: Belgium, Cedarburg, Fredonia, Grafton, Mequon, Port Washington and Saukville
· Cedarburg News; Squire; Port Pilot; Port Washington Herald; Port Washington Star; Port Washington Zeitung.
· Over 4,000; people, places, buildings-indexed.
· 1867-1900 limited records, some indexed.
· Notebooks on the history of one-room schools in Ozaukee County, with photographs. Some school ledgers and school census. Several yearbooks.
· Marriage Applications 1850-1980
· Many available for reproduction.
RESEARCH BY MAIL/FAX/E-MAIL
· Archivist conducted research as requested. Contact for details ($25 for the first hour and $10 there after).
MAY WE ASSIST?
Has your genealogy research been leading you to Ozaukee County?
Are you a student doing research on or about Ozaukee County?
Do you simply have an interest in researching our rich past heritage?
Are you a writer looking for a new perspective or topic?
WE WELCOME YOUR VISIT OR CALLS AND ARE READY TO ASSIST!
The Archives Research Center will be closed:
Monday, December 23
Tuesday, December 24
Tuesday, December 31